I worked with a leading aviation organisation in Hong Kong to get insights into what the next generation workforce are looking for. I also did some some research on graduates and their perceptions on careers! What an exciting week!
Here's a quick summary of 7 things I have observed from my conversations with the engineering/IT graduates in Hong Kong. Opinion are my own. :-)
- They look for a company that shares the same values with them.
- They value learning experience and job satisfaction over title
- They crave (immediate) recognition
- They look for a great working environment and working culture
- They are achievement and goal orientated
- They want to be part of a community
- They like to get their hands dirty
Does any of this come as a surprise to anyone? Let me know what you think!